Take a Stand Against Meth
The Take a Stand Against Meth Wyoming Art Contest is an art contest aimed at broadly communicating the risks of Meth use through works of art. Draw, paint, take a photo, make a video, or create a mixed media piece with an anti-meth message, and you can win up to $6,000.
The rules of the contest are simple. Visit MethProject.org and choose one of 350+ pieces of content as direct inspiration for your artwork. Pick from answers to the most frequently asked questions about Meth in a variety of forms, such as interactive facts, videos, animations, image galleries, personal stories from users, and first-hand accounts from experts.
PRIZES$18,000 IN PRIZE MONEY!
Win one of the seven prizes. Prizes from $1,000 to $6,000. Plus a $1,000 People's Choice Award
Winners will be announced on December 1, 2015.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create your anti-Meth artwork. Visit MethProject.org for inspiration.
- Click the "Submit Entry" button below and post a photo of your artwork by 5 pm on October 30.
- Winners will be announced on December 3, 2015.
- Get your friends to vote and help you win the People's Choice Award.
To qualify for consideration in the
- Final Entries Submitted: October 30, 2015, 5pm Mountain Standard time. Photos need to be uploaded to the Wyoming Meth Project Facebook page.
- Facebook 'People's Choice' voting period: October 31 - November 13, 2015
- Winners Announced: December 3, 2015
- The Take a Stand Against Meth Wyoming Art Contest is open to teens between the ages of 13 and 18. Entrants must be between 13 and 18 years old on date of registration. Parental permission is required for entrants under the age of 18.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Artwork may only be submitted once.
- Each entry shall identify a key anti-Meth inspiration from a web page on MethProject.org. Entrants should provide the link to the web page at which their inspiration was found and incorporate the key message in their artwork.
- Entries must be wholly original unpublished artwork and cannot incorporate or include anything, in whole or in part, that is owned or was created by any third party or that would require the consent or permission of any third party, and that does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or other intellectual property right of any third party.
- All interpretations of rules will be determined by the Wyoming Meth Project and its decisions shall be final.
- The contest is not open to children of contest judges or of employees of the Wyoming Meth Project.
- Contestants agree to assign all copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights in their artwork and all photographs submitted in relation to the contest to the Wyoming Meth Project, 441 Landmark Drive, Casper, WY 82609.
- Each prize winner will also be required to sign a release of liability in favor of the Wyoming Meth Project. Each winner who is under 18 will be required to have their parent or guardian sign the Authorized Release Form for Parental, Guardian or Adult Contestant Consent, the "Release."
- The prizes being awarded may constitute income under applicable federal, state and local tax laws and winners shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all taxes which may be due with respect to the acceptance of the prize.
- By submitting an entry, each contestant and his/her parent or legal guardian agree: they have read, understand and will comply with these official rules; and, or to the extent permitted by law, consent to the use of the contestant's name, and age for purposes of advertising and promotion by Wyoming Meth Project without further consent, compensation or approval.
- Winning artwork is not guaranteed to be used on Wyoming Meth Project licensed merchandise or in connection with any other Wyoming Meth Project goods or materials.
- By entering the Take a Stand Against Meth Wyoming Art Contest, an adult contestant or a child contestant's parent or guardian warrant and represent that the artwork is the child contestant's sole and original work product and they agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Wyoming Meth Project and its directors, officers, employees, trustees, agents, attorneys, and their successors and assigns from and against any and all damages and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorney's fees, costs and litigation expenses) arising out of any claim or cause of action related to the creation, and display of entrant's artwork and/or the entry or participation in this contest by entrant, and the reproduction, use, publication, display of entrant's artwork, including but not limited to, indemnification for any copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other intellectual property claims of actions brought by others, or any damages claims or other causes of action brought by third parties for actions related to or arising from the creation, display, reproduction, use or publication of the artwork or contestant's participation in the contest. Contestant, and his/her parents or guardian (if contestant is under 18) hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Wyoming Meth Project, its directors, officers, employees, trustees, agents, attorneys, and their successors and assigns from and against any and all other claims, demands, damages, causes of action, losses, liabilities, injuries or obligations, direct or indirect, known or unknown or any kind, nature or description whatever, which an adult contestant, or a child contestant's parents, guardians, heirs, executors, successors or assigns may have or claim to have against the Wyoming Meth Project, its directors, officers, employees, trustees, agents, attorneys, and their successors and assigns arising out of the creation and display of the artwork and from participation in the contest, including, any future use of the artwork.